These are uncertain and weird times due to Covid-19, and I am certainly not in the aggressive sales mode. I have home buying clients who feel more comfortable holding off on their purchase plans for a while. I certainly understand their concerns. For those who wish to wait a while, but want to do what they can while they wait, I recommend:
- Keep up with what’s going on in the market you are interested in. I update my clients automatically on new and sold listings so they can evaluate what’s happening. I also provide more in-depth property and sales analysis by request, as well as being available to answer any real estate questions. The tools I have at my disposal represent real sales as opposed to algorithms used by companies like Zillow. Consider me your resource.
- Finances – I generally don’t like to get involved in my customers’ finances. If you are paying cash, that’s perfect – just make sure funds are available in time for closing (usually 30 days from contract signing or sooner), If you are financing, establish a relationship with a LOCAL loan officer who can help you repair any credit issues or other issues that might hinder smooth approval of a loan (1099 employees, self- employed, etc.). It’s best to get pre-approved in advance and update with your loan officer periodically until you buy even if your purchase may be 6 months or a year out..
- Become an expert on the neighborhoods you like and the types of homes you might be living in. I post daily on my Facebook page, but there is plenty of information out there. I have been dealing with Midtown and older homes for over 24 years, so hopefully you will consider me a resource.
I am around if you have questions or your plans change. I look forward to working with you.
Latest posts by Joe Spake (see all)
- Memphis Real Estate– 2022 and Predictions for 2023 - January 7, 2023
- 2023 Housing Market Forecast [INFOGRAPHIC] - December 16, 2022
- Thank You for Your Support - November 24, 2022
What do you think? Leave your comments.