The week’s best real estate stories:
- Real-Estate Rebound Buoys Underwater Mortgage Borrowers
The strengthening economy and housing market have boosted the value of high-end homes, which has translated to fewer homeowners who are underwater on their mortgages.
- How Much Paperwork to Buy a House?
- Dissolving 19th Century Club gives $500,000 to Children's Museum of Memphis
- Will Rising Rates Lead to Buyer Rush?
- Homeowners with eccentric homes face financing obstacles
Mortgage underwriting standards are so tight, you can pretty much forget that fixer-upper.
- Home prices are up 12.2 percent for the year
- The resurgence of eminent domain has investors worried
- The Luxury Log Cabin
Spurred by advances in building technology, new rustic homes offer light-filled, modern layouts, expansive windows, better insulation and pricey amenities—without sacrificing their nostalgic, woodsy appeal.
- Gay Marriage: Impact on Real Estate
- Apartment demand still high despite housing rebound
- Underwater No More
The huge price increases produced an unexpected retirement gift for Larry and Diane Plaster, who were resigned in January to selling their San Diego home for less than they owed the bank….
- Percentage of homes with maximum flood coverage rises
A new strain on our economy? What will the next monster flood bring?
- CoreLogic: House Prices up 12.2% Year-over-year in May
Digest powered by RSS Digest
Latest posts by Joe Spake (see all)
- Thank You, Essential Workers - September 7, 2020
- Mid-Century Modern for sale – 346 Waring, Memphis, TN - July 9, 2013
- RE Buzz – Real Estate News Roundup – July 9, 2013 - July 9, 2013
What do you think? Leave your comments.