Does your neighbor park his pickup in his front yard, because his driveway is filled with inoperable junk cars? Does he let his grass grow waist-high? Does the neighbor down the street have soft drink machine on the front porch? Does a mechanic operate out of his house and garage on the next block? These are, of course, egregious examples of neighborhood eyesores and nuisances; but do you know what is legal and illegal according to City of Memphis Code of Ordinances?
Top Ten Code Violations in Memphis
- Accumulation of junk, trash and debris
- Open storage of material and furnishings
- Parking and storing inoperable (junk) motor vehicles
- Excessive weed, grass, trees, and shrubs
- Substandard structures and fences
- Off street parking
- Special use / recreational vehicles and equipment
- Commercial vehicles and equipment
- Abandoned and derelict structures
- General service and repair shops
How do I file a complaint about a violation?
Photos Courtesy of Memphis City Beautiful Commission