If you offer real estate Search on a real estate blog, it seems that the natural thing for visitors to do is Search, many times overlooking the brilliant insights of the Realtor/blogger in favor of looking at glitzy presentations of available dream homes.
I did have a few posts that stood out from the pack in 2011. My 2 most popular post here on Memphis Real Estate Buzz were originally posted in 2010:
1. Your house may have come from Sears – is a primer on the Sears “kit” homes of the early 20th century, and an introduction to identifying if your house may have been shipped in on a train.
2. Memphis Lustron – Mid-Centrury steel – about one of a couple of intact, post-WWII, all-metal homes left in Memphis.
3. Realtor Association gets deeper into politics (4/20/2011) addresses the National Association of Realtors increased political activity.
4. Practical use of QR codes in real estate (3/14/2011) – QR codes were a big topic in 2011. The 2-dimensional, mobile-scannable grids have not caught on on as much in Memphis as they have in other parts of the country, especially in real estate.
5.Ghost towns are the result of recession and the burst housing bubble (1/6/2011) -Economics, the housing bubble and the sluggish economy have created ghost towns across America.
6. Don’t overlook Midtown Memphis condos (7/28/2011) Mention Memphis condos, and most people think of Downtown; however, Midtown has reasonably priced, convenient condos available.
Stick around in 2012. I am sure there will be plenty of things happening in real estate. The market might even improve, and I will be here to tell you about it.
One little housekeeping item: I am trying to figure out a simple way to merge this blog with my updated main real estate site http://spake.com. If you are an RSS subscriber, I have already addressed that. Stay tuned, and check out the blog over at spake.com – It features re-posts from here, my other blog, and interesting real estate, social media and Memphis links.
If you have suggestions for topics you would like to see here, share your thoughts in the comments.
Latest posts by Joe Spake (see all)
- Mid-Century Modern for sale – 346 Waring, Memphis, TN - July 9, 2013
- RE Buzz – Real Estate News Roundup – July 9, 2013 - July 9, 2013
- Midtown Memphis – Cooper Young Home for Sale – 1985 Walker - July 3, 2013